- NEET-PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section (10) of
Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- NEET-PG is a single window entrance examination for PG courses. No otherentrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to
MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses as per the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 w.e.f. 2017 admission session.
SCOPE OF NEET-PG 2017
NEET-PG 2017 shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Medical Courses’
for the academic session 2017 which will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Broad specialty courses (January 2017 Admission Session)